AC REPAIR & SERVICE IN ST. PETE, CLEARWATER, TAMPA
HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING
DO I NEED MAINTENANCE FOR MY A/C SYSTEM?
WE SERVICE ALL BRANDS
|Copyright 2010-2011 Air-Flo/Erwood Heating and Air Conditioning 10650 72nd St - Suite 405 Largo, Florida 33777. All Rights Reserved.
|In order to get optimum performance from your air conditioning system, your unit will need to have regular maintenance. The two types of
maintenance required are professional maintenance and homeowner maintenance. This regular maintenance will keep your system efficient.
Regardless of your air conditioning system, you will need to have an annual checkup by your Air-flo/Erwood technician. He will come to your
location, inspect the unit and ensure that it is functioning to its full potential.
The Air-flo/Erwood technician will inspect various aspects of your system including:
- The refrigerant in your system will be measured to determine if it needs recharging. (Undercharged units have a lower efficiency).
- The airflow over the cooling coils will be measured to ensure adequate flow. Less than adequate airflow is common and correcting it
can increase your efficiency by 5 or even 10 percent!
- The motors, compressor, air handler, ducts, coils, and air filters will all be inspected and the coils, drain pan, and drain line will be
As a homeowner you have several things you can do to help maintain a healthy air conditioning system.
- Clean or replace the AC Filters monthly. Dirty air filters cause your system to have to work even harder than necessary. Use your
electric bill to remind you to replace your filter; when you send out your payment, change your air filter as well.
- For outside units, you need to ensure the grass is kept trimmed and any and all debris is kept clear of your unit. If your outdoor unit is
blocked, the airflow is lessened. If the airflow is lessened your system has to work overtime to do the same job and your energy bill
will reflect this.
- Clean off dirt buildup on the indoor and outdoor coils of the central AC system. Outdoor coils can be cleaned with warm, soapy water
but need to be treated gently. Before performing any maintenance, be sure to consult the owner's manual to answer any questions
about an AC unit's care.
- Re-circulate the air. It is far more economical to re-circulate and cool the indoor air than to draw in hot air from outside, cool it down
and remove the moisture in it.
- Raise temperature settings. Each degree of temperature can represent up to 9% savings or added expense in cooling costs.
- Keep the unit fan on "AUTO". It is not necessary to run the fan constantly when the air conditioner is turned on.
- Use ceiling fans. Moving air with ceiling fans can increase the comfort range.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY SYSTEM HAVE MAINTENANCE?
The manufacturer recommends routine maintenance at least once per year. Air-flo/Erwood agrees with this determination. To schedule
maintenance for your system, please click here.
SCHEDULE YOUR PROFESSIONAL MAINTENANCE
Call your Air-flo/Erwood representative today to schedule your annual air conditioning system health check or you can schedule online. Keep
in mind that Summer in Florida is one of our busiest times so be sure to schedule your maintenance early.
|Pinellas (727) 528-1227 Hillsborough (813) 374-9166
Bradenton (941) 756-4440